All it takes is a crock pot and a few household ingredients to make your own teriyaki chicken that’s even better than at the restaurant!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
3 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
3/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup rice vinegar
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped
1. Place chopped chicken in bottom of 4-quart slow cooker.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, garlic and ginger. Pour over chicken.
3. Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours.
4. Remove chicken. While slow cooker is still warm (or left on the warm setting, if yours has one), separately mix cornstarch with water until smooth. Slowly add into sauce in the slow cooker to thicken, mixing as you add.
5. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to coat in sauce.